Virtual boyfriend! Ikemen bank
Posted March 7, 2009on:
After researching on EMA, a robotic girlfriend, I went on the net to find a robotic boyfriend or a virtual boyfriend.
And here it is: Ikemen bank, or a handsome man piggy bank.
Ikemen bank is essentially a piggy bank for dreamy lonley Japanese women. Inside the bank, there is a dreamboat boyfriend who whispers sweet romantic phrases, compliments, or even ask for kiss, every time you save your pocket change. (ex: “Can I rub your shoulders?”) There are even a selection of 5 different cartoon hunks in 1 piggy bank! This $75 bank also functions as an alarm clock, waking you up with romantic phrases, but it does not vibrate in any way, just to clarify on that part lol But if you fall in love with the boys, you can easily save up to 50,000JPY ($500)
So here is how it works:
- Save $75 to buy the piggy bank
- Choose which of the 5 hunks you want to date (funny they all have realistic social status)
a. Cool guy Hayato, a model
b. Younger boyfriend Takeru, a sporty hunk
c. Funny comedia Ryo
d. Older responsible CEO of an IT company
e. Wealthy boy
- put in your first 500JPY ($5) coin, and your love affair with the boy of your choice begins
- Every 500JPY coin you put, the story continues (until the maximum 50,000JPY, there are 100 episodes)
- And then… what happens at the ending? I looked up on the internet but I think they are confidential and I can’t find out what happen after 100 coins… probably marriage and children and successful career LoL
This concept of handsome men trapped in a piggy bank actually came from manga series, and became an actual product, and it is now going to be a movie premiering in Japan from March 19th (and I have no plan of going to see it) In keeping with this general theme of 5 guys in love with you, the movie is about a girl at the center of a love triangle—or more accurately, a love hexagon—in which 5 good looking guys become infatuated with her.